Monday, August 3, 2009

Big A$$ Indie Art and Craft Show Recap

Wow! What a wild weekend...

So all in all I think I sold quite a bit - I'm not positive since I haven't seen the receipts yet or received a check (Aug 14th- I'll let you all know the real numbers)- but the times I was there, I couldn't help feeling kinda felt bummed seeing my stuff so man/woman-handled. Broken=not sellable. Didn't seem to be much supervision sometimes. Especially the first night when headliners Leslie Hall and the Lys drew in quite a crowd on top of the normal craft seekers.

It was a cool idea, but I think there was a lot of stuff/ too much stuff/ out on the floor at one time leading to piling, pulling, and breakage. No one got the exposure they should have because people were having to dig to look at things.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have done it, but I'm still debating whether to do it again in December. I guess the end numbers will help me decide that...

On the positive side, I heard a lot of great comments about my things and I got some insight into price points and what people generally think of the designs. Eavesdropping is so good at craftshows ---AND THE PEOPLEWATCHING!! Top notch!

I also have two items pictured in the RFT's slide show of the event- which is super cool. Here's the link to the show:http://bit.ly/18D9Jk

And here are the pics of my items-- all by Steve Truesdale of the RFT.

0 comments:

Post a Comment