Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Local Wedding in Dusty Lilac!

I got a message about a week ago from a lovely girl I met at the Indie Craft Revolution in March. She wanted to commission a headpiece for her vintage inspired wedding later in mid-June.

That's right, a LOCAL WEDDING! Wooohoo!

She promptly sent me a pic of her newly purchased vintage dress- a lovely dusty lilac color.

Immediately I got visions of 40s glamour mixed with modern sensibility and a touch of fun! She told me she liked the Sybil Hat from my shop-- Sybil features vintage white velvet millinery leaves, goose feather biots tied in knots and an attached hand trimmed Russian veil. A white straw millinery fascinator/hat base anchors the piece and features a clear comb sewn securely into place for ease of placement on the bride's head. Perfect!

*The bride chose to not have feathers due to ethical issues. So I chose to use organza and velvet hydrangea millinery flowers instead.


With basically free-reign given, I started in today. I am kind of in love with how it turned out. Hope you will be too!

TA-DA!




*UPDATE* The Bride loves it!

1 comments:

AlliT said...

YAY!!! It is so pretty and unique - I am not surprised she loved it!! Great job!!

Post a Comment